How do I sign up for an account?
- Head to the Spacefy homepage and click Register at the top of the page.
- Choose between signing up as an individual or as a representative of a business.
- Fill in all the fields: your first and last name, your company name (if you are registering as a business), your birthdate and country of residence.
- Enter your email address and a secure password.
- Click Register.
Congratulations! You have created your account.
Note: To ensure you will be able to send and receive bookings, please take a second to verify your account.
How do I fill out the Bank Details section?
We require your bank details so that we can pay you for your confirmed bookings by depositing the funds directly into your bank account. In order to receive payments from Spacefy, we require the following bank details:
- Account Number - This is the number of the account which you would like payments deposited into.
- Routing, Transit Number or Sort Code -
Canada: Your routing number is a 9 digit code that consists of a leading 0, followed by your institution number, then your transit (or branch) number. You can find this information at the bottom of a cheque, or by contacting your bank.
In the example cheque below, the routing number is 000812345.
USA: The routing number is a 9 digit number that can be found at the bottom of a cheque, before or after your account number.
In the example cheque below, the routing number is 1234ooo56.
- Account Holder Name - This refers to the name on the bank account you are using to receive the funds.
Please note: All bank information must be completed before a payment can be made for a booking.
I created an account, but never received a confirmation email.
It may happen that account confirmation emails end up in your junk or spam mail folders. Please check there if you haven’t already.
If it's not in there, you can send an email to email@example.com from the same email address you used to create your account, and ask us to confirm the account for you.
How do I verify my account?
Before you can accept bookings through Spacefy, you will need to verify your account. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Once logged in, click your name in the top menu bar and select My Profile from the dropdown menu.
- Select Identity from the left side menu.
- Click the Verify your email button. You will be sent an email from Spacefy containing an email verification link. Click the link to verify your email.
- Next, Fill out the Contact details with your phone number and full address.
- Click the Save button.
Your account is verified, and you can now accept bookings on Spacefy!
In what cities is Spacefy operating?
Spacefy offers spaces in almost every major city in North America, with new listings being added every day. With that said, the cities where we have the most spaces are Toronto, New York, Los Angeles, Vancouver and Atlanta.
What is Spacefy?
Spacefy is a marketplace that connects creative professionals with spaces for their projects, productions, and events.
Harnessing the power of the sharing economy, Spacefy gives creative professionals access to unique and underutilized spaces while enabling property owners to further monetize their space.
You can reach us by live chat, email and phone.
- When available, the Live Chat icon is located in the bottom-right of any Spacefy page.
- We can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-844-277-2233.
- Alternatively, you can use our webform.
Spacefy Fair Use Policy
We expect everyone to use the Spacefy services in a fair way and to pay the fees we charge for our services. As a space owner, any booking from renters that came to you via Spacefy should be completed on Spacefy. As a renter, any space that you find on Spacefy should be booked on Spacefy.
- Offers to book outside of Spacefy are not allowed.
- Sharing contact information in Messages is not allowed.
- This includes any information that would help someone reach you outside of Spacefy. If you need to get in touch with your host or renter outside of our messaging system for any reason, contact us.
- Including identifiable information in your listing is not allowed.
- Business or personal names are not allowed anywhere on the listing.
- Photos with a watermark or logo that includes an URL, a business name or a personal name are not allowed.
- Links are generally not allowed. On a case by case basis, we may allow links to pages that are solely informational and free of contact information.
Note: Spacefy may edit any part of any listing so that it meets the above guidelines.
Why does Spacefy have this policy?
Spacefy offers a range of services to connect creatives with spaces for their projects. We only charge a small commission on successful bookings, which is how we are able to carry the overhead costs that come with running our business, in service to our users. The Spacefy Fair Use policy helps us protect our revenue and secure the continuity of our services and business.
What is Spacefy’s Cancellation Policy?
Spacefy offers two Cancellation Policies, one flexible and one strict, so that each of our hosts can choose the policy that works best for their space and their business. Our cancellation policies are as follows:
- Flexible: 100% refund up to 1 day before the booking, no refunds after.
- Strict: 100% refund up to 7 days before the booking, no refunds after.
All hosts must choose one of these policies and abide by the parameters outlined. Spacefy reserves the right to have the final say on all disputes relating to the application of cancellation policies.